Proverbs 26 has some interesting verses. Most of the beginning is about fools. Verses 4 and 5 seem to be contradicting each other, but I might be missing the deeper meaning on it. I will just give you a few random verses that I found really interesting.
3. A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the back of fools.
11. Like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who reverts to his folly.
Next it goes into a bit about those who are lazy.
13. The lazy person says, “There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!” 14. As a door turns on its hinges, so does a lazy person in bed. 15. The lazy person buries a hand in the dish, and is too tired to bring it back to the mouth. (I personally love that last one.)
However of all of them, this is the one that really hit home, and I may need to write it out and frame it, to remember it and keep it close to me as I know this is my area of weakness.
20. For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.
27. Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and a stone will come back on the one who starts it rolling.
I guess those are words well worth thinking about. Sometimes it might just be better to let words roll off and drop to the ground rather than respond or pass them on. Also there are times we would like to help what we think would be justice by digging the pit that the one we consider the evil one to fall into. More often it is we who fall into those pits we dig. Best let them to their own demise. It still goes back to the wise words of our great-aunt Mandy. She always said that those who deserved justice would eventually get what they deserved and we likely would not have to lift a finger to cause it. Better not to be involved. In fact if the truth be known, it is better to pray for their deliverance or perhaps for their deliverance from the evil that surrounds them. Who knows what good may come of it. Hope you all have a great weekend. Also for information on the tournament and more of my thankfulness posts, check out the lucindagardens site. Thanks!!