On my site, lucindagardens, I have been putting something that I am Thankful for these past days of November, and I am hoping to do it through the month. I have sort of let this site evolve into my place to post my sermon and church work. I should be concentrating all my efforts today on the bulletin and message for tomorrow. I really should have the bulletin finished by the family prayer service tonight so the daughter can look it over. Come to think of it I only have one question for her, and our church secretary has asked to proof read it. She is so good at that. Anyway, as I have been working on all of these things and mulling the message in my head, I want to share from the verses I read for today. All scriptures are New Revised Standard Version.
- A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold.
- The rich and the poor have this in common; the Lord is the maker of them all. (And my husband would say we all leave the world taking the same amount of possessions–nothing).
- The clever see danger and hide; but the simple go on, and suffer for it.
- The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.
- Thorns and snares are in the way of the perverse; the cautious will keep far from them.
- Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray.
Love that last one. Still wondering if it has worked, then again not sure we did everything right as parents. All I know is that we tried and that is the most we can do. Have a great weekend!!