In line with the opening of my message on Sunday, I will share some verses from the middle of Proverbs 16.
16. How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understand is to be chosen rather than silver.
17. The highway of the upright avoids evil; those who guard their way preserve their lives.
18. Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.
19. It is better to be of a lowly spirit among the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud.
20. Those who are attentive to a matter will prosper, and happy are those who trust in the Lord.
I was reminded of how I was so confident of being able to make those seven candles in just a matter of minutes, and all I ended up with was a mess on the counter, and two sort of candles. One has no wick and the other I can’t get out of the mold. I am hoping to get them both functional at some point, but I ended up throwing away both of the small pots that I used as a make shift double boiler. Not a major loss, I needed to throw them both out anyway.