Wake up Wednesday

I am on my way back to Eureka today. Hopefully the office will be warmer. The temperature is a bit warmer today, but not too much. I walked to the mail yesterday. It was only three blocks and our blocks are not that long, but by the time I got there my sinuses were starting to feel stuck together. Anyway, it was my effort at exercise. I am finding that I need to be doing something.

I also worked on my blue skirt yesterday. I will post pictures of the progress when finished. It feels good to be sewing and making things again. I had to leave the project early to catch a ride to Linton to watch the ball game between Elisabeth’s team (South Border) and Linton. Elisabeth played most of the JV, and they won, which is what we were there to see. Linton won both of the varsity games, but it was intense the whole way.

I did a bit of knitting when we were waiting for the game to start, but not enough to really count. My books came yesterday from the Books are Fun thing that comes around to the schools. When I have my project with them finished, I will share a bit. I am doing a little gift for Jaxon with them.

Just a few more lines before I have to shower and get moving, yesterday I was on the phone having “words” with financial aid at BSC where Paulina goes to school. Without going into lots of details, I will just state that the people they hire there appear to dislike working with real people. When I suggested that Paulina show up to accept her loans and deal with them in person, she just kept saying, “she can do that on-line.” It felt like she didn’t want to have to see anyone, and she certainly didn’t like talking to me.

I will say that I kept my composure, but I probably came across as a real B*&^- as in Bag. At least I didn’t throw out the, there are other colleges out there. We all have been thinking that for some time. We almost sent Jessica to do the talking, while wearing her North Dakota Legislature Dist. 12 Education Committee member badge. Stick that in your anti-looking at people persona. OK, I am through ranting for now.

On a happier note, the $4063. check has finally returned from Indiana where a member of our mortgage company had to sign off on it. We received an insurance check for some hail damage a couple of years ago. The adjuster said our shingles were fine, but the north side of the house has damage to the steel siding. Well really now. The north side is pretty much blocked by the Russian olive trees, so like anyone sees it. On the other hand the shingles are really starting to show their age. We are putting the check into a separate account because we know the day is coming to replace those shingles and we want to have a head start on doing it. Anyway, I sent the letter certified mail and it took 11 days to get from there to here. Perhaps I should have used registered.

OK, enough of all this fun for one day. I need to get on the road. Here are a couple of shots of what the eastern sky looked like from my back door this morning. Alice would have loved that moon.

The early morning sky on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014.

The early morning sky on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014.

This is the day, which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118: 24.

Same shot a few minutes later.

Same shot a few minutes later.

Oh yes, today is the birthday of nephew Darel Haak. His mother called us at 6 a.m. to announce his arrival. We were in a different time zone, and she didn’t want to miss us as we left for school, oops we were earlier than her, not later. Happy 31 to Darel, stay warm up there in the oil fields today.

2 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. stitchinggrandma
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 09:18:21

    Beautiful photo’s. I love the way the light changes in just a few minutes. I am never up “that early” anymore, but I do love to capture sunsets!! My youngest daughter and I often text each other to “look at the sunset” …a game I started with her when she was 15; and we have been playing it ever since!!



    • lucindalines
      Jan 29, 2014 @ 13:28:02

      How very neat. Sunrise here is between 7:30 and 8 a.m. so not really so early. I am usually awake at 4 a.m. then dose for a few more hours. My cats decide that is the time to come curl up against me to get warm. Love that time of the morning.



I would love to hear from you, so go ahead, comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: